Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Video Project for Women Telling the News

Hi Guys,

I am writing just to update you about this cool little project I made recently. I was contacted by Professor Moore and asked to help prepare a short project for an upcoming on campus event. I was excited because she wanted me to edit a video that gave background about the guest speakers we would be having to speak at the event.

I learned a lot about these very influential women while piecing together this project. Betty Davis was the highlight of this event, therefore the majority of the short video was her black and white of interview of Muhammed Ali.

Additionally, I got a chance to learn a new editing program. Because I choose to use adobe premier (a new editing software that I had never used), I faced many new challenges. However, I did manage to overcome all of the small problems I encountered. For me, the most rewarding part of this project was to see it all come together to music that I produced. I used the program Ableton live to make the background music in the introduction of this video, and I think it helped make the introduction title screen for this video more attention grabbing.

I really enjoy making my videos that I work on for both USFtv and personal reasons with music that I create myself. This is because I can compose the music to fit the theme of the project. Overall this was a fun mash-up to make, and it took me around 4 hours to make.

You can check out my final project using the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY5u9sHM45U&feature=plcp

1 comment:

  1. Hi Foster,

    Your blog ate my last comment attempt. Let's see if I can reconstruct it.

    It was good to hear your perspective on making the Women Telling the News video. I'm glad it was an opportunity for you to learn new editing software. If you're not getting paid $$, you should look for gigs that will pay you in learning. Also, it's nice that you appreciated the archival footage of Belva Davis. There's so much history in her career, but also, one can learn a lot from her about doing meaning work in broadcast news.

    You are about four weeks behind in posting to you blog. Also, I don't see your response to the discussion prompt I gave the class about Dave and Forrest's visits. You need to catch up.

    Looking forward to receiving your career profile tomorrow.

    Best,
    T. Moore

    ReplyDelete